Wednesday 5 September 2007

OT - I Hate Washing



Okay, this is another rant about my new nemisis - the washing & dryer machines. I used to have a big washing machine. A big dryer. You could put gobs of clothes in. And everything would come out just great. I mean, jeans didn't come out completely wrinkle-free, but they didn't come out looking like you had stuffed them in a bag while wet either. I tried the advice given of removing half the load before drying. Maybe it's just these machines. Maybe it's just me. But they didn't come out with much improvement.

But here, I hate washing the clothes. EVERYTHING comes looking wrinkled. As my sister in law said, "the problem with washer/dryer combo machines is that they don't seem to do either very well". Yep. That sums it up. So, I checked out new machines at the store. Oh my gosh. They are all small! All of them! No wonder things come out wrinkled. There's no room in the dryers for items to tumble. Boo. Boo. Boo.

On a further interesting note, I did go out to buy an iron. I can't recall the last time I used an iron actually. Back in the states, we took our 'good' clothes to the dry cleaners and the rest were fine at home. So, imagine my surprise when I saw the irons in the local appliance/electronic store. There must have been 25 different irons! 25! What?! In Houston, I think I would see like 5 in a store. 5. There. See. Why do people need so many irons? Because the appliances can't do the job here!! Ha.

Okay, so now I'm going to dig around the internet and see if I can find a suped up unit from the US. Then I'm going to import US appliances for UK consumers. Then I'm going to start up a rubbish pickup service where they pick up ALL your trash. And then. . .and then. . .

Oh what the heck. You gotta take the bad with the good sometime. :)

No comments: