Saturday 29 September 2007

Getting a Pathtag

At the last geocache event I was at (in Houston), I was lucky enough to receive some pathtags. If you've never heard of these, they are a small round trading item. Sort of like exchanging signature stamps in letterboxing. Although these will cost you to get some - but they are cheaper than getting your own coin minted.

Anyway, these pathtags are trackable. So for each one you receive, you can log-in and add it to your collection. This works for your own pathtags that you give out too.

It took me a while to decide to get one. I really didn't think I would cross paths with tahat many people. But then I got drawn into all of the lovely designs on pathpags already created. Oooohhh. Like looking in a candy store. You just want one. So. . .I am now in the process of getting one ordered. They say it takes 6-8wks from art approval. Boo. That means nearly a Christmas arrival. (Hey, that would be a great idea - make a special Christmas version pathtag!)

My dilemma is in whether I want to exchange tags only with those people I meet face to face, or with anyone anywhere through the trading community. Hmmm? Each has a plus and a negative.

What do you think? I haven't decided yet.

No comments: