Thursday 30 August 2007

Wiltshire County - Stonehenge

Since school and work start up next week, we took a day off to drive out to Stonehenge. We're on the Surrey Hampshire border and it's just past the Hampshire Wiltshire border. So a drive west across the whole of Hampshire. Nice countryside. All farmland. Took about an hour. I kept my eye out for any crop circles, but didn't see any. :) I had to laugh when Stonehenge came into view. It looked some tall stones in a middle of a field surrounded by sheep. And people. And tour buses.

We had an enjoyable time. Always great to get out in the countryside for a walk. Lots of people were wandering around the fields and sitting out with their lunches. It was all quite interesting. I ended up joining the English Heritage society. It nearly paid for itself on this visit with the admissions and car park.

Luckily, I was able to find some of my letterboxing stuff amongst our wall of boxes. I had a little Stonehenge stamp I had carved some time ago but had never placed. So, it was taken and placed today. I usually try to do a title page for my logbooks and a FF certif, but we had our first blow out on a US to UK appliance. I put the converter on the printer and it started up and reset itself. Then suddenly, white smoke starts billowing out. Yikes. Thankfully it was old and inexpensive, so not a major loss. Inconvenient though.

No comments: