Tuesday 23 September 2008

September Time

Well it is now autumn in the UK. Winds are picking up. Leaves falling everywhere. Temps dropping slightly, but not too bad. Maybe I'm just adjusted to it now. :)

This time of year from Oct to Christmas always seems a bit manic. Lots of new things with kids and school. Birthdays galore in November. Then we're back to the states for Christmas! Yeah! Hopefully we'll see some snow and get some skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, and ice skating in. Whew.

I have done no letterboxing at all since my last trip to Dartmoor. And haven't ventured out for geocaches for a while now. I'm not even sure I'll be the fall meet in Dartmoor this year. It gets dark so early around here in the winter - like 4pm - that it really hits into your available time.

As I've reported on one of my last few entries, I've gotten really involved with Second Life in my spare time. I thought it was initially like The Sims and mostly for 20yr olds. But there is the whole spectrum of people there from every walk of life finding their interests. I think I must be so drawn to it because I really love visual communications. Graphics and printing are my background so I'm just in my element with SL. I've decided to write more about my adventures there, but couldn't decide it I wanted to clog up this blog or not. I've finally decided to keep this blog as it, and create a new one. So, if you want to keep up with my Second Life, check out: ripleysaunders.blogspot.com

Finally, a website I've found to be enjoyable to read: www.darkroastedblend.com. No, its not about coffee. It just has the sort of 'bits and bobs' (as we say around here) I like. Check it out and see what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi TK!

Will you be visiting TX on your trip to the states at Christmas time? I hope you get to letterbox at least a little bit while you are here!

Lucy Locket