Monday 2 June 2008

Life of Riley

Well, we are now all moved into house no. 2. Don't know if permanent yet as we may try to buy it. Time will tell. Regardless, we're really happy with it and our new location in Surrey. We're very near the Devils Punchbowl which should provide some wonderful walks (for me at least).

No geocaching or letterbox updates. Haven't been out for over a month now. Boo. But I am signed up for a nighttime caching event this summer which sounds like a lot of fun. Also hoping I can pull off another Dartmoor weekend this summer. Would be really great with the extended light in the evenings!

Other than moving, I started a new 'sport' - Bowls! Now, don't be like Mr. TeamKing who gave me a hard time for joining as the average age seems to be about 70. I figure by the time I get there I'll have many years under my belt and might actuallly be good! Hah!

We spent this past Saturday at Legoland Windsor. A really good park for those with non-teen kids. I noticed a lot of creative little touches that were as well thought out as anything at Disney.

Then in the evening, we were off to Wembley Arena to the Osmonds 50th Anniversary tour. It was the whole clan (well, other than the 2 older hearing impaired brothers). But even Marie was there. It was really quite fun.

On the postal letterboxing side, I've had to give this up as the postage would be WAY too much for people to send to me now that I'm in the UK. However, I'd been thinking of trying a LTC and finally an opportunity came up. I joined the Bookmark Swap. These aren't actually LTCs. But, I think they sort of fall into the general category. Homemade, handmade stamp, etc. I had fun doing mine so I think I will try a LTC ring or at least some exchanges. I really hate my stamp carving ability, but I'll give it a go. I'll have to show a picture of all the ones I get once I receive.

Anyone watch the 'Survivor' series this recent go-around? I thought it was one of the best ones they ever did - and that's saying a lot as I've watched every single series they've had which is like 9 years or so worth! Only things on here that I'm still watching are 'The Apprentice' (Sir Alan Sugar is a bit rougher than Trump, so it's quite entertaining), and one of my favs that I only got into since moving here - 'Doctor Who'. I see many of the US shows are finally wrapping up their seasons. Way too short. No more strikes! Please!

Finally, upcoming events include a weekend in Wales, a possible summer trip to Germany, and a day trip to the Isle of Wight. (AND Madonna tickets for September. Yeah!) Now if I could just get some to Tina Turner. . .

:)

No comments: