Saturday 20 October 2007

Sculpture Park and Black Swan

In one of my normal wanderings, I drove by this interesting looking place yesterday. 'Pride of the Valley Sculpture Park'. Hmmm. What is this? So, we stopped and went in to see what it was all about. What a neat place! It is an outdoor 'park' with sculptures placed randomly around a wooded and ponds setting. It was a nice day, so we decided to see everything.

As we were approaching the reception area to pay, I kept hearing this 'peep-peep' 'peep-peep' noise. Like a baby bird or a little chick. What is that? I kept looking around but didn't see anything. Suddenly I heard it right near me. I jumped around and looked. A few feet off at the edge of the water, was a black swan. 'Peep-peep' he looked at us and said. Beautiful. He was just beautiful. All by himself/herself. It just floated in the water looking at us looking at it making that peculiar high pitched peeping sound. Wow.

The park was really neat. Wonderful variety of art sculptures. All for sale actually. Although I don't think I would want something that's been out in the elements for inside my house. But most all of it looked in good condition and the quality of work was outstanding. We had a lovely walk around and enjoyed it.
















If you enjoy art, and find yourself around Farnham, Surrey, check it out. I'm going to see if I can do a Waymark for this place.

No comments: