Thursday 11 October 2007

Foxy Loxy

And here we were blaming the neighboring cats for getting in our trash! Never saw a fox in Texas. I heard rabies killed them all off - don't know if that's true or not. We did often see coyotes though. The small ones look a far bit like this actually.

This poor creature looks like he/she's suffering from a nasty skin afflection like mange or such. Must be quite hungry as it comes right up through the yard to the back door for our bread bits I throw out for the birds. This was about the 3rd time I've seen him in the last week, but couldn't get a photo off until today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, that is pretty cool. (Although the mange is a bit creepy). I have seen plenty of foxes in Texas, so the rabies thing must be a myth. I bet ferocious Penny was scaring them all away. I think I'd put the breadcrumbs a little farther from the back door from now on! MO5

Jen said...

Good to know that there are foxes in Texas afterall!

I did a little reading up to see if it was mange and found out that if its bad enough it kills them. So. . .contacted a fox rescue group who gave me some info on where I can get some homeopathic medicine to leave out in some food. It's not expensive and I feel sorry for the poor thing so going to give it a try.