Tuesday 26 June 2007

Houston Retirees

Working my way through pulling some of my Houston boxes to retire them. Mostly the microboxes. The logbooks just fill up too quick, and I don't want to have to rely on someone to replace for me. Besides, they've been out long enough for most local people to get them by now.

Today I pulled 'Gutenberg' and 'Black Horse'. Hope you had a chance to get them. 'Gutenberg' was especially hard to pull as I really love the Museum of Printing History. My background is in printing, so I can really relate to everything in the building. (If you're ever interested in the old metal type, they have a printing club that meets there and you can hook up with one of the older guys to show you the presses and even set your own type.)

'Black Horse' was a letterbox/geocache hybrid. Same box for both. Frankly, it saw many more geocachers than letterboxers. But it's always fun to see new people stamp in, so I enjoyed seeing some sig stamps I hadn't seen before.

Next up to pull is the Trivial Pursuit series in Memorial Park.

No comments: