Wednesday 16 April 2008

RSS - An Easy Out

I have to say that I find RSS a real pain. I don't know if its because I'm using and interacting with multiple sites, i.e. Yahoo and Google, but I just can't seem to get the feeds sent to me for the blogs I read. Boo.

So, I gave it up a long while back and just keep the links in my bookmarks and check in from time to time on blogs I like. Thankfully, sites like AtlasQuest can keep me current on the letterboxing blogs I follow - as I assume you do the same if you're reading this. But outside of AQ, I just can't seem to find the easy solution.

However, today I found some success. Check this out:
http://rssfwd.com/

You just put in the URL of the blog you want updates on, then you enter your email. Whenever a new entry is posted that blog, it's sent direct to your email! Ah! Success! The easy way to follow blogs - at least for people like me who are on broadband and email is always open and dings when a new message comes in. Ha-ha.

So, if you too just can't seem to sort out RSS, give the above link a try and see what you think. I'm sure there some good decent instructions on how to get RSS feeds the 'proper' way, but they tend to be more involved and technical than I feel up to attempting.

No comments: