Monday 28 April 2008

Journal, Notebook, and the Need to Write

Are you someone who loves notebooks and journals? I love them. I can't go into a bookstore or art store without browsing the notebooks. I find I am pretty hard to please on them. Only certain ones will do.

My latest notebook fad is the Moleskine ones. I don't recall seeing these in the states. That's not to say they aren't there though. I did see some similar but not this exact brand. It's a great book and quite well known in artist/writer type circles. In the UK, you can pick them up at Waterstones bookstores (online too if you want to order from the US). A bunch of different ones - plain, ruled, various sizes and so on. It's hard to pick.

Finally you pick one you like - whether Moleskine or otherwise. Then what? Do you journal? I find keeping a journal too much. I do like to journal now and again. My notebook sort of takes on a scrapbook sort of life. Writings, bit and pieces I tape in, glue in. Sketches. Doodles. A little bit of everything really. I just find I have a constant need to write things. Not every day. More of a 'as they come' sort of activity. It unclutters my mind.

That brings me to a few blogs I like listed below. If you like seeing creative notebooks, search around the archives on these sites. Really neat ideas. It just makes me want to get my Moleskine out and jot something - anything - down!

http://www.moleskinerie.com/my_moleskine/index.html

http://notebookism.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the moleskine link, especially the pop up one. It is amazing how many really talented people are out there. Thanks for these new addicting links! -MO5