Sunday 26 August 2007

Crashdown England!

We're here, we're here! Finally, all moved and settling in. Weather was great at the beginning of August. Then rainy for the last week or more. But beautiful this weekend. In between getting things sorted out, we found time to visit nearby Devils Punchbowl - awash in late summer purple heather, and then a trip to Suffolk county visiting family. I've been scouting out locations and ideas for letterboxes. So many places! And I ordered a new Garmin gps since my old one keeps cutting out in even the slightest of bushes. Looks like a fair amount of geocaches around here, but a bit lacking on the letterboxes.



Couple notes on things past. . .

A HUGE THANKS to the Georeynosos and the Popeteers for honoring me at their last geocache event in Houston! What fun to see the NW Houston crowd and a few of the other 'famous'? Houston cachers. I sure hope we can find an equally awesome group of people over here. Thanks guys! I'll miss caching with you. :(

A big Happy Birthday to boxing buddy Dewberry! Is she telling how many???

And finally another big thanks to my plb friends (you know who you are!) for the great birthday gifts! I had to hide them away from the younger TeamKing members who were quite interested. I'm going to miss doing postal letterboxing. Perhaps something will get started over here where we can pass some boxes around the country this winter. Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

2 comments:

The Yorkshire Tortoise said...

Welcome to England - Home of Letterboxing!
Glad you have arrived safely and are settling in. Hope the Foot and Mouth is far enough away so you are not affected.
Looking forward to following your news as and when it happens.

Anonymous said...

Hi TeamKing!

Momma P and I were just talking about you this morning. It is so great to see your website and see that you have settled down in the UK. We have been doing some geocahing but I have been seriously catching up on some PLB's and then plan to go and find some planted PLB's around the area.

We wish you and the family the best and hope we can run across eachother again. We miss ya! Elisa of georeynozos.