Tuesday 11 December 2007

Two Camillas?

I thought this was funny when I read it. After listening to Rupert Everett about half a dozen times this month already in Shrek 3, I can just hear his voice. This is what he had to say about an upcoming part where he plays a woman. He based his character on Camilla (aka the Duchess of Cornwall).

The flamboyant actor, who dons a blonde wig and knee-length skirt for the part of "pantomime dame" headmistress Miss Camilla Fritton, proved to be a striking doppelganger for the royal.

Rupert Everett and Camilla

Rupert recently said: "I thought Camilla, what a girl, she's fantastic. I love her.

"She's got a sense of humour, and she likes a drink and a cigarette - she's my kind of girl.

"She's a marvelous woman, she strides around, she works in the garden and she goes out to parties. She wears nice hats and dresses, she has wonky teeth."



















LOL. She's a great girl that Camilla, wonky teeth and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forwad to the film. But will Rupert's Miss Fritton be as memorable as Alistair Sim's? Remember him in The Belles of St Trinians when he also played Miss Fritton's brother Clarence?