Saturday 10 November 2007

The Hunt

Saw my first hunt today - completely coincidental as I was only driving by and spotted them.

The hounds were gearing up.

Was surprised when I saw them going around with food for the spectators!





























A single rider went ahead while they waited and laid the scent. I couldn't see how he did this exactly - either a spray or dropping


something on the ground.

Then, off they went. Really neat to watch - the men in the red jackets, the ladies in black. And a few young kids on their ponies and dressed up lagged behind.

I don't know where they were supposed to end up. I imagine they probably have a real fox in a cage or something that is the target. Would have been interesting to see how they finish up.

1 comment:

Blue Butterfly said...

TeamKing,
Thanks for sharing these photos and story. I enjoy all your post and pictures.
Blue Butterfly