Saturday 8 March 2008

The Big 200!

Finally! Did 200 geocaches. Whew. That took forever for some reason. Seemed like doing letterboxes went much quicker.

I was at 195 today and decided to get those last ones. So, of course, I wake up to a rainy day. Boo. So much for that. But by mid-day it was sunny and nice out. Found a series of 4 caches not too far away and Penny dachshund and I went to get them. Had a nice walk. Passed a few dog walkers, joggers, horses. Found the caches easily enough. Then had just a little bit of time left to find one more. Decided on a travel bug hotel as these tend to be easy to get. It was, except just as I was about 100ft from my car parked alongside the road, I turn to see a whole troop of army soldiers running by the car. I thought for sure they were coming my way. Afterall, this week I saw the mines (pictured in the last blog entry), and near that there was a military helicoptor practicing landing in a big field. Then I see the troops today. Since the British Army is in nearby Aldershot, we see them often. But the upside is that tons of land around here is MOD and open to walking and such. You wouldn't see that in the states. Getting so close to military training operations.

Regardless, I hit 200 finds today! Yeah!

No comments: