Sunday 24 February 2008

State of My Plants Address

Current status of my planted boxes:

-51 actual live boxes (excluding all retired ones and multiple stamp listings)

-30 of the 51 carved by me

-live boxes currently in: US (Pennsylvania, Virginia, California, and Texas) and England (Berkshire, Wiltshire, and Surrey counties)

-The two Texas Tour Bus boxes have a split update. The original TTB box started back in 2005 and retired when the box was so full it couldn't fit one more - it had/has 41 stamps in it - has been lost for over a year now. I recall it was last picked up by a new boxer and never returned to the wild. On the plus side, nearly every serious letterboxer in Texas got to find it, so it certainly filled its role. The second TTB box which came out in late 2006 when the original was retired is still alive and moving around the state. Since I'm not able to physically check on this box, I don't the current number of stamps inside.

-I don't plan on re-carving any of the stamps for my boxes. If they go missing or I pull them, they are retired.

-As stated in a recent post, other than some more hedgehog stamps I need to plant, I won't be planting any other boxes this year.

-However, I do have some new ideas for my letterboxing in England including a tour bus like box. So. . .stay tuned.

And that's where everything stands.

No comments: