Monday 10 December 2007

Christmastime

It's that time of year again. . .Christmas! We've had quite a few changes since last year.

We got a real tree this year after having had an artificial one for the last 10 years. I thought it would be a really fun experience with getting one. But I'm not so sure now. Dragging it home, constant watering, needles everywhere, and taking it to the dump afterwards. Hmmm. I didn't bring the artificial one as I thought it took up too much room in the shipment container. Now I'm having second doubts. And frankly, I'm just not smelling the pine scent we were convinced we would have. . .what's the deal there?! But it looks nice and it was sort of fun going to get one.

All the US presents shipped? Check. All US Christmas Cards sent? Almost. All UK Christmas Cards sent? Working on it. All presents bought? Mostly. Presents wrapped? Nope.

Missing in Action:
-Rankin & Bass Christmas shows. (Knew I should have bought those at WalMart last year!);
-No constant Christmas music on the radio (okay with this - downloaded all my favorites anyway);
-Huge shopping stores (we actually did find a ToysRUs no too far away. It was big too. Yeah!);
-Constant barrage of Christmas in your face (much more low key over here - I like that);

Problems:
-Getting all new Christmas lights since the plugs don't work here. (Done)
-Keeping kids away from decorative village houses. (No hope. Accept there will be damages)
-Am I supposed to watch the Queens speech? Not sure. I'm not her 'subject' so probably not.

Pray for a white Christmas? Hmmm. Doubtful. But, I assume the odds are better than snow in Houston! Hey, that's a good thing!

Have a great holiday season in your neck of the woods! Grab some letterboxes or geocaches over your break. (It will make you smile when you've had enough of the extended family.)

:)

No comments: